Personal Liability Insurance - $1 Million of PLI Insurance
                                                is mandated by BCCOHP

Dental Technicians Association of British Columbia has partnered with Cowan Insurance Group to offer you insurance solutions designed specifically for dental technicians that adherences to the Bylaw requirement of the BC College of Oral Health Professionals.
15.02 (3)"The following registrants must be insured against liability arising from an error, omission, or negligent act in the provision of services included in the practice of dental technology in an amount of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence: (a) a dental technician registrant; (b) a temporary registrant in the designated health profession of dental technology".

Your association membership includes a very comprehensive professional personal  liability insurance coverage.

  • The insurance price is based on a claims-made liability of up to a total of $1 Million per year, and $1 Million per member. There is an option for our members to purchase $2Million PLI if they choose to. Our members are able to purchase tail end insurance when they retire/leave the profession on a reducing scale after the first year of retirement.

Savings of approximately 145% off the cost of professional liability insurance if you purchased it on your own.

You can also opt for business insurance that includes, property, general liability and professional liability insurance for your dental laboratory that makes a seamless fit with your personal professional liability insurance.

Sigrid Neumann is the DTABC's insurance broker who handles both professional liability business insurance and can be reached at:  
1-888-474-7592 ext. 42250     

To learn more specific details about insurance check out our FAQs below. 

Why do we need liability insurance?
Can I obtain liability insurance through the DTA without becoming a member?
Are there different types of liability insurance?
Do I need individual professional liability insurance if I have insurance for my dental laboratory?
Why should I consider getting the optional lab insurance offered through the DTABC?